ETSY JEWELRY DESIGN AND SUPPLY SHOPS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ETSY JEWELRY DESIGN AND SUPPLY SHOPS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events...

Go down 
+5
Teresa
Theresa
lsad
windyriver
Sarah
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
windyriver

windyriver

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events...   Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events... - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 12:38 pm

Best of luck - I hope you have a great day!
Back to top Go down
http://windyriver.etsy.com/
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events...   Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events... - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Nov 2009, 6:18 pm

Well ladies, I am sorry to say that I did not sell one thing! This year there seemed to be a whole lot more commercial vendors, including jewelry, and it was tough to compete. People would stop and look, comment how they liked it and that was it. A couple other vendors that also had handmade didn't sell anything either, so I'm not totally bummed. I guess I have come to the realization that my stuff is not a good fit for this show, so I will not be doing it again. So, now I look forward to the next show which is the first weekend in Dec. I did well there last year, so I'm hoping that I do again. At least this show is free to shop (the Junior League one cost you $5 to get in) and we have a much larger booth. I am bringing eveything but the kitchen sink to this one! My husband will be selling his pens and some toys too. Should be fun. alien
Back to top Go down
http://trusk4u.etsy.com
zeba
Admin
zeba

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events...   Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events... - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 2:41 am

Teresa wrote:
Well ladies, I am sorry to say that I did not sell one thing! This year there seemed to be a whole lot more commercial vendors, including jewelry, and it was tough to compete. People would stop and look, comment how they liked it and that was it. A couple other vendors that also had handmade didn't sell anything either, so I'm not totally bummed. I guess I have come to the realization that my stuff is not a good fit for this show, so I will not be doing it again. So, now I look forward to the next show which is the first weekend in Dec. I did well there last year, so I'm hoping that I do again. At least this show is free to shop (the Junior League one cost you $5 to get in) and we have a much larger booth. I am bringing eveything but the kitchen sink to this one! My husband will be selling his pens and some toys too. Should be fun. alien
Sorry to hear that, but don't give up, with the economy and everything else, retail business is taking a big hit. Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
http://zeba.etsy.com
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events...   Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events... - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 2:05 pm

Thanks Sholeh. It just makes you question your whole decision about what you are doing, you know. I guess I'm lucky that my husband is so supportive. He kept reassuring me thru the whole day, and also seemed perplexed at the lack of sales for so many of us.

I did want to tell you that I finally got the blog button thing figured out. I have one on my blog, so if you want to put in on yours, that would be nice. I placed yours on mine already. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zeba
Admin
zeba

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events...   Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events... - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:02 am

Teresa wrote:
Thanks Sholeh. It just makes you question your whole decision about what you are doing, you know. I guess I'm lucky that my husband is so supportive. He kept reassuring me thru the whole day, and also seemed perplexed at the lack of sales for so many of us.

I did want to tell you that I finally got the blog button thing figured out. I have one on my blog, so if you want to put in on yours, that would be nice. I placed yours on mine already. Very Happy

The button looks great, I added it to the team blog an my blog. I really like the poll you have on your blog, where did you get the code from? If you don't mind sharing that is. Everytime I tried one, the poll didn't work.
Back to top Go down
http://zeba.etsy.com
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events...   Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events... - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:42 pm

zeba wrote:
Teresa wrote:

The button looks great, I added it to the team blog an my blog. I really like the poll you have on your blog, where did you get the code from? If you don't mind sharing that is. Everytime I tried one, the poll didn't work.

Thanks. The poll was just under the add a gadget stuff(left sidebar) on my blog. You just create whatever questions you want and if people can vote once or multiple times. It was really simple to set up.
Back to top Go down
Layneydasher

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: I am doing my first show this weekend!!!!   Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events... - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Dec 2009, 9:43 pm

Yes, so I am doing my first sell this weekend. I am not expecting much, it cost $55 to get a booth in there, and I got in just n the nick of time, or should I say, last minute. Anyway I am excited and can't wait. I am still searching for tablecloths that will look nice and not too cheesy, so I dunno what I am going to do, but anyway, I am loading up on inventory, and trying to get all the things togehter I think I need. I will have to let you know how it goes and get pictures of it so you can all see and comment on anything I can do better next time.

Thanks,
Layne
Back to top Go down
http://www.layneydasher.etsy.com
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events...   Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events... - Page 2 EmptyWed 09 Dec 2009, 11:11 am

Good luck with your show! I look forward to seeing pictures and knowing how you do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events...   Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Craft Shows, Jewelry Parties, Events...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ETSY JEWELRY DESIGN AND SUPPLY SHOPS :: Tips, Techniques and Tutorials-
Jump to: