ETSY JEWELRY DESIGN AND SUPPLY SHOPS


 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hannah (PZ Designs)
Admin


Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Mon 16 Nov 2009, 8:39 pm

what would you think about having a couple giveaways next month? I'm thinking I'd make/donate 2-3 smaller items and have more winners for December, but have the total prize values be about the same as they have been. Have a "grand prize", so to speak, and a couple smaller items. I'm making zipper pulls as stocking stuffers, for example.....

or they could all be one gift, I suppose....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.leaving the team.com
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Number of posts : 38
Age : 38
Location : USA
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Mon 16 Nov 2009, 8:47 pm

I think this is a great idea! I would be more than happy to donate some prizes big or small. I have some really cute nurses clips and makeup compacts I am working on for holiday gifts. I think it would be good to have more than one winner with it being the holidays and all.

Any other suggestions about this idea?? Concerns also??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5933809
Hannah (PZ Designs)
Admin


Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Tue 17 Nov 2009, 12:49 pm

I was just looking at the titles in the forums for promotions/giveaways, and I think we would benefit from a more informative title. Such as "EJDSS December Giveaway - $50 in handmade jewelry" or something like that. Something that says what a person could win!

and what about these giveaway rules?
visit shop and pick a piece - say what it reminds you of
buy a piece from one of our team's shops
post to your blog
promote on etsy - post to the promo thread

maybe have one of the giveaways for the "threadkiller" at the end of the month
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.leaving the team.com
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Wed 18 Nov 2009, 10:29 am

Hannah (PZ Designs) wrote:
I was just looking at the titles in the forums for promotions/giveaways, and I think we would benefit from a more informative title. Such as "EJDSS December Giveaway - $50 in handmade jewelry" or something like that. Something that says what a person could win!

and what about these giveaway rules?
visit shop and pick a piece - say what it reminds you of
buy a piece from one of our team's shops
post to your blog
promote on etsy - post to the promo thread

maybe have one of the giveaways for the "threadkiller" at the end of the month


I say "Knock your socks off!" I will very happily let someone else take over starting promo threads in Etsy, getting members to post there, etc. Frankly, I am a bit tired of it all. As for the extra promos, I have no issue with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trusk4u.etsy.com
katdesignsnyc



Number of posts : 3
Age : 43
Location : New York City
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Wed 18 Nov 2009, 5:49 pm

Hi all! I was wondering if we were doing anything special and I would like to give some jewelry for giveaway. Is the team doing anything special for thanksgiving weekend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://katdesignsnyc.etsy.com
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Thu 19 Nov 2009, 10:08 am

We do not have anything special planned for thanksgiving weekend. But, I think starting next year, I would like to have some other promos like we did before and not just rely on the blog giveaway. Maybe a scavenger hunt for Valentines day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trusk4u.etsy.com
zeba
Admin
zeba

Number of posts : 40
Location : Troy, Michigan, USA
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Thu 19 Nov 2009, 8:08 pm

Hannah (PZ Designs) wrote:
what would you think about having a couple giveaways next month? I'm thinking I'd make/donate 2-3 smaller items and have more winners for December, but have the total prize values be about the same as they have been. Have a "grand prize", so to speak, and a couple smaller items. I'm making zipper pulls as stocking stuffers, for example.....

or they could all be one gift, I suppose....

I don't have a problem with adding addtional giveaways. I don't what you mean by keeping the total prize value the same. Are you saying add $5 prizes to the giveaway? I can add a gift certificate ($15) if needed.

Sholeh

_________________
Sholeh http://zeba.etsy.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zeba.etsy.com
zeba
Admin
zeba

Number of posts : 40
Location : Troy, Michigan, USA
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Thu 19 Nov 2009, 8:11 pm

Hannah (PZ Designs) wrote:
I was just looking at the titles in the forums for promotions/giveaways, and I think we would benefit from a more informative title. Such as "EJDSS December Giveaway - $50 in handmade jewelry" or something like that. Something that says what a person could win!

and what about these giveaway rules?
visit shop and pick a piece - say what it reminds you of
buy a piece from one of our team's shops
post to your blog
promote on etsy - post to the promo thread

maybe have one of the giveaways for the "threadkiller" at the end of the month

Good idea with the titles. I am not sure where you are going with the question about the rules. For the past couple of giveaways, I asked the person doing the giveaway, if they wanted to change the rules, and they said no. I am ok with changing the rules, but it is somewhat up to the people donating the prize what they the rules to be? Do you hav any rules in mind?

Sholeh

_________________
Sholeh http://zeba.etsy.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zeba.etsy.com
Hannah (PZ Designs)
Admin


Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Fri 20 Nov 2009, 12:01 pm

zeba wrote:
Hannah (PZ Designs) wrote:
what would you think about having a couple giveaways next month? I'm thinking I'd make/donate 2-3 smaller items and have more winners for December, but have the total prize values be about the same as they have been. Have a "grand prize", so to speak, and a couple smaller items. I'm making zipper pulls as stocking stuffers, for example.....

or they could all be one gift, I suppose....

I don't have a problem with adding addtional giveaways. I don't what you mean by keeping the total prize value the same. Are you saying add $5 prizes to the giveaway? I can add a gift certificate ($15) if needed.

Sholeh

The giveaways so far have been priced at $25-40, I believe. So I intended the total given away to be the same amount, but be split between multiple, smaller prizes. A $5, $10, and $20 prize, for example. Then we could have multiple winners for December and the holidays.

As far as the rules for the next giveaway, I think I'll try to come up with some new ones to change it up a bit! Make it less repetitive and add variety. Hopefully keep people interested while continuing to bring new participants in.

Hannah
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.leaving the team.com
zeba
Admin
zeba

Number of posts : 40
Location : Troy, Michigan, USA
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Fri 20 Nov 2009, 1:49 pm

Sounds good.

_________________
Sholeh http://zeba.etsy.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zeba.etsy.com
Hannah (PZ Designs)
Admin


Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Mon 30 Nov 2009, 12:40 am

This giveaway will be short, 5-15 days only, depending on when we get it posted. I'll have the grand prize and a threadkiller prize posted tomorrow. If anyone else wants to donate a prize, they should post it. Depending on what is donated, the grand prize could be a set of 2-3 items, the next prize(s) 1-2 and 1 item. I'll be donating a choker and probably a pair of earrings.

Rules to Enter for December Giveaway:

1. Visit PZ's Jewelry shop on Etsy (pzdesigns.etsy.com), pick a piece and comment here about what it reminds you of - a memory, an object, a season, etc.

Extra Entries:

For extra entries, you must complete step 1 above.
Then, you can do one of these or all of them, but they must each be a separate comment.

2. Blog about this giveaway with a visible link back to this posting and comment with a link to your post.
3. Purchase something from this store or any of the members’ shops during the contest. Leave a Comment to let us know you deserve an extra entry!
4. Promote this giveaway on our Etsy thread - leave a comment to keep the promotion alive and also have a chance at winning a second prize! (link to promo thread here)

This giveaway ends December 15th at 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Official Rules:
Same. Is shipping out of country expensive? More than $5? If it is, then participants need a US or Canadian address for this one.

Hannah
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.leaving the team.com
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Mon 30 Nov 2009, 9:52 am

Good luck with the giveaway!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trusk4u.etsy.com
windyriver

windyriver

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Mon 30 Nov 2009, 9:55 am

Shipping first class for small items (i.e. earrings) to other countries is usually less than 2.50 dollars - but anything larger can really start running up your bill. If you can pack it in a small jewelry box and it is reasonably lightweight it shouldn't be too expensive. (I haven't tried insuring any international packages yet - I am sure that adds up quickly as well - but I have had no problems shipping to other countries as of yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://windyriver.etsy.com/
Hannah (PZ Designs)
Admin


Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Tue 01 Dec 2009, 1:19 am

like shipping in a bubble envelope is around 2.50 international?

These are the items I'm donating, a red and silver necklace valued at $22 and a pair of red agate earrings valued at $16. The necklace will be the giveaway prize, the earrings will be for the threadkiller prize. I don't have the list of sites for people to post to, so maybe Sholeh or Teresa have it? I suppose I can cut and paste if the list is the same this time. I can post the new blog with the photos and start the etsy thread. Sholeh, if you have the template for the giveaway with the prize photo and information, the one that was pink this last time, can you adjust it again for this giveaway? I think it looks nice to keep the format the same and it would be easier for you to do it over me creating it from scratch.

Thanks ladies! I'll get the blog and etsy thread going tomorrow, Dec.1st!

How do I post photos here?! Guess I'll load the photos to flickr???
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.leaving the team.com
zeba
Admin
zeba

Number of posts : 40
Location : Troy, Michigan, USA
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   Tue 01 Dec 2009, 10:46 am

Hannah (PZ Designs) wrote:
like shipping in a bubble envelope is around 2.50 international?

These are the items I'm donating, a red and silver necklace valued at $22 and a pair of red agate earrings valued at $16. The necklace will be the giveaway prize, the earrings will be for the threadkiller prize. I don't have the list of sites for people to post to, so maybe Sholeh or Teresa have it? I suppose I can cut and paste if the list is the same this time. I can post the new blog with the photos and start the etsy thread. Sholeh, if you have the template for the giveaway with the prize photo and information, the one that was pink this last time, can you adjust it again for this giveaway? I think it looks nice to keep the format the same and it would be easier for you to do it over me creating it from scratch.

Thanks ladies! I'll get the blog and etsy thread going tomorrow, Dec.1st!

How do I post photos here?! Guess I'll load the photos to flickr???

List of sites for promotion, I usually copy and paste the same list from last month. This month we have more members, so you can divide the list amongst more people.

If you load your pictures on Flickr, I can make the prize info. Let me know which ones they are.

I am looking to see the giveaway info on the blog. Is anyone else participating for prizes?

One question, is the giveaway worldwide?

_________________
Sholeh http://zeba.etsy.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zeba.etsy.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think   

Back to top Go down
 
December giveaway ideas - let me know what you think
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Pavtube ByteCopy Easter Giveaway! Only Apr 19~22th!
» Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read
» Point Shop Ideas!
» The RPG feature & Other fun Ideas
» Ideas for new animes to watch?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ETSY JEWELRY DESIGN AND SUPPLY SHOPS :: Etsy Discussion-
Jump to: