ETSY JEWELRY DESIGN AND SUPPLY SHOPS


 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Challenges

Go down 

Would you like to have challenges?
Yes
Challenges Vote_lcap31%Challenges Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
No
Challenges Vote_lcap0%Challenges Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
monthly
Challenges Vote_lcap6%Challenges Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
bi-monthly
Challenges Vote_lcap0%Challenges Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3x per year
Challenges Vote_lcap25%Challenges Vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
Would you be willing to coordinate the challenges?
Challenges Vote_lcap0%Challenges Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes
Challenges Vote_lcap13%Challenges Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
No
Challenges Vote_lcap25%Challenges Vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16
 

AuthorMessage
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Challenges   Challenges EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 10:01 am

It was suggested in another thread that we have challenges. Would you agree to having them and would you participate? Please vote in the poll. Choose carefully, you can't change your vote.


Last edited by Teresa on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trusk4u.etsy.com
windyriver

windyriver

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenges   Challenges EmptyFri 23 Oct 2009, 9:50 am

I am not sure my vote went through OK - I think having a challenge a few times a year is good - or having one every month but you only have to participate in so many per year. Since we have a small team membership, I think this end up being a small group of people - but hey - we can promo those who do it each month. It should be something we post on our team blog - I don't know how to set up voting on a blog, but I would think that we could just open the voting to anyone and promo it on etsy. I recently got into the beadweavers team and am currently working on a challenge piece with high hopes of being done in time - they have one every month, but you are only required to do one a year. Other than that the team requirements are very minimal. Each month they seem to get at least a dozen entries but there are I believe around 150 members to that makes a big difference. In short - a challenge is a good idea IMO, but since our membership is small we may end up with only a few pieces in each challenge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://windyriver.etsy.com/
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenges   Challenges EmptyFri 23 Oct 2009, 12:10 pm

windyriver wrote:
I am not sure my vote went through OK - I think having a challenge a few times a year is good - or having one every month but you only have to participate in so many per year. Since we have a small team membership, I think this end up being a small group of people - but hey - we can promo those who do it each month. It should be something we post on our team blog - I don't know how to set up voting on a blog, but I would think that we could just open the voting to anyone and promo it on etsy. I recently got into the beadweavers team and am currently working on a challenge piece with high hopes of being done in time - they have one every month, but you are only required to do one a year. Other than that the team requirements are very minimal. Each month they seem to get at least a dozen entries but there are I believe around 150 members to that makes a big difference. In short - a challenge is a good idea IMO, but since our membership is small we may end up with only a few pieces in each challenge.


It did not go through properly and neither did mine. I thought I had selected multiple choice, but I guess I didn't. Embarassed I fixed it though, so everyone should be able to vote with no problem. Thanks for your input. Having a larger team would definitely make this more interesting. I have stopped trying to recruit new members until Sarah is back. But I figured since this was suggested, I should post the option and see what everyone thinks. We shall see, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trusk4u.etsy.com
Hannah (PZ Designs)
Admin


Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenges   Challenges EmptySat 31 Oct 2009, 1:47 pm

This interests me, but I dont' think it should be required to be a team member. I'm busy with a new baby and school, so I don't think I could participate monthly, but I'd like to eventually!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.leaving the team.com
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenges   Challenges EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 9:16 pm

Hannah (PZ Designs) wrote:
This interests me, but I dont' think it should be required to be a team member. I'm busy with a new baby and school, so I don't think I could participate monthly, but I'd like to eventually!


No worries about that. This is strictly for FUN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trusk4u.etsy.com
Teresa
Admin
Teresa

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenges   Challenges EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 9:20 pm

Start thinking about what the first challenge should be ladies. I think we will wait until after the holidays to do this, but it doesn't hurt to get some ideas out on the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trusk4u.etsy.com
Aprilee/ArtistryJewelry

Aprilee/ArtistryJewelry

Number of posts : 22
Age : 61
Location : Maryland/USA
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenges   Challenges EmptyTue 01 Dec 2009, 7:31 pm

Teresa wrote:
Start thinking about what the first challenge should be ladies. I think we will wait until after the holidays to do this, but it doesn't hurt to get some ideas out on the table.

What about a challenge related to valentines day....love
which could be many things. love between partners, mother & child, family in general, those who have passed
I think the many ways love can be defined will make entries more interesting as it is a broad statement! We could post the entries on the blog in mid January?Aprilee sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ArtistryJewelry.etsy.com
Aprilee/ArtistryJewelry

Aprilee/ArtistryJewelry

Number of posts : 22
Age : 61
Location : Maryland/USA
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenges   Challenges EmptyTue 01 Dec 2009, 7:34 pm

I could help coordinate the challanges! It seems that members only want 3 or 4 per year, I can handle that!. It saddens me that no-one else has volunteered to help Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ArtistryJewelry.etsy.com
windyriver

windyriver

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenges   Challenges EmptyMon 07 Dec 2009, 10:20 am

A valentine's day challenge sounds like a great theme - and enough time after the holidays to let people regroup. Let me know if you need help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://windyriver.etsy.com/
Sponsored content




Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenges   Challenges Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Challenges
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» IMF Meeting in Tokyo calls for quick effective action to buoy growth

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ETSY JEWELRY DESIGN AND SUPPLY SHOPS :: Etsy Discussion-
Jump to: